For David Brabham, Roland Ratzenberger is not the forgotten man of Imola. His former team-mate died on this day 26 years ago, 24 hours before the sport lost one of its greatest drivers, Ayrton Senna. Roland Ratzenberger: “Roland had no real help in terms of racing from his parents – his dad didn’t approve – so he went off on his own.” Brabham: “For me he was the ideal racing driver – he was fit, good-looking and had a great smile.” Roland Ratzenberger: “That was a big effort for a new team.” “I can’t remember how long into the session it was,” Brabham said.
active 1 day, 3 hours ago
active 4 days, 4 hours ago
active 1 week, 4 days ago
active 3 weeks, 1 day ago
active 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- F1 could return to Africa for the first time since 1993 – when Ayrton Senna reignited his bitter feud with ‘coward’ Alain Prost, Britain’s Mark Blundell finished third… and Benetton Ford’s Michael Schumacher hadn’t even won a world title! on
- Sebastian Vettel is ‘tired’ and lower on confidence, says F1 legend Mark Webber as Aston Martin driver’s woes continue on
- Japanese Grand Prix to remain at Suzuka until 2024 on
- 2021 Formula 1 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix highlights on
- Bernie Ecclestone’s family tree includes baby son Ace’s half-sister Deborah, 66, and seven grandchildren on
There are no users currently online
Your Shopping Cart
Your cart is empty
It’s Competition Time!